This is a blog about my life. I wanted a way to include people in my life that could fit any schedule.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

well last weekend was thanksgiving/oktoberfest here in k-town. Marlito and i had a couple of house guests in the form of Marlito's parents, Silver Fox and Judester. they had just come back from a jaunt around europe and stopped by for the holiday. the weather was great, festivities were in the air, and it was time for some beer and downtime.
on saturday we decided to go for a long walk around the town. we started out going to a free pancake breakfast at waterloo town square. they had lots of people, tasty apple cider and team keg races (keeping with the beer theme of oktoberfest). good times for the whole family!

after that we walked over to see what was going on at central fresh market. after checking on the price of turkeys (we didn’t go for the butterball option) and the condition of the pumpkins we headed over to see the loft. this was the first viewing for Silver Fox and Judester. they approved (i think) and we discussed some of the decorating options available. Marlito and i have to go next month to finalize our decisions so this was a good start. Judester decided that she was going to get sick so she missed out on the highlight of the day... all you can eat sushi!

Marlito and i introduced Silver Fox to my new favourite restaurant, Ye’s sushi. this little place popped up in downtown k-town a little while ago and since then has found a place in my heart. for $12.99 you can eat as much food as you can for 2 hours. they have sushi, sashimi, maki, hand rolls, soup, drinks, salad, udon, rice, tempura, ice cream, spring rolls, wings, gyoza, and tons of other stuff. needless to say i enjoy it thoroughly. with our bellies full and the night getting late we headed home for some rest.


sunday was a pretty relaxed day and we started the preparations for the feast the next day. drinks were had, cards were played and the sun kept on shining.


monday morning started early for me because today was parade day and i was going to be joining my coworkers on the GT float. the parade was starting at 8:30 and i was told to be there before that. what they forgot to mention was that we were in the back 3rd and we wouldn’t actually start moving until around 9:30. good times! actually it was a lot of fun and i am sure it seemed to a lot of people that i was enjoying being in the parade a little too much ( but come on, it isn’t every day that you can be in a parade, now is it?).

after the parade everyone rested up and the feasting prep was started. more cards were played, a few more beers were had and a lot of good food was devoured. a great end to a wonderful weekend. the weather couldn’t have been better the entire time and everything moved at a relaxing pace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So many things to comment on!

Yay! Chaz's blog is back! *whoot whoot* (kicks up heels and throws confetti).

First: Will they throw another Ocktoberfest when I come to visit? And if not, can we make our own? Perhaps we can make Novemberfest?

Second: Apple cider! How delicious does that sound!? I haven't had a good cider in... well I don't know how long, but I sure wish I could be eating one right now. And by eating I mean drinking. Little known fact: I eat my drinks.

Third: When you say cards do you mean Three Dragon Ante? Crib? What sort of card based fun was this?

Fourth: Chaz is back!

Fifth: Ye's Sushi is good for so many reasons. I imagine it's prounounces yay's which makes me happy. It spells Yes Sushi if you miss the apostrophe and that also makes me happy. The food is really good and it's cheap like borsch - sushi flavoured borsh, but cheap like borsh anyway. So say Yes to Ye's!

Sixth: I'm thinking you're exactly the type of person parades need. Never let them make you think you're having too much fun. It's what you do, and you should share that.

Seventh: How did you guys get all the good weather!? Kingston is so wet and drizzlely all the time! I really don't think it knows how to not rain here every day in the fall.

Eighth: Hi to Silver Fox and The Judester!

10/23/2006 10:25 a.m.

 
Blogger chaz said...

we can try for a novemberfest
crib, poker, rummy, etc.
I always say yes to Ye's Sushi
I also think I am what parades need.

10/23/2006 12:55 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kilo-man ... the Old Silver Fox (seems like Chaz is trying blunt my effectivness by eliminating the "Old" component, but perhaps he is just afraid of insulting a mature dude, which is pretty hard to do in this particualar case) and the Judester want to pass a Hi back to you! I presume that we will see you at Xmas?

10/24/2006 9:08 p.m.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Old Grey Fox:

I think perhaps the Old part of the name was dropped because its so hard to think of someone as young at heart as yourself as old. Or perhaps, but naming you Silver Fox, you sound more like an animated superhero, which is always desirable as near as I can tell. Either way, the plays on your name - I think - can only be construed as signs of approval.

Oh, and yes I'm coming home at x-mas,but I don't know what my plans are yet. A stop at the Pender Palace is certainly on the agenda though. Don't worry I'll keep you posted!

11/06/2006 11:21 a.m.

 
Blogger JandJ said...

Hey Charles,

Just letting you know I think you made some fine choices at home depot or rona or at the interior decorators. Perhaps I would have gone for more baroquian style or aztec but certainly wise not to mess around with the ivory coast. Perhaps time you get your house in order I'll be back in Canada!

12/04/2006 8:22 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home