This is a blog about my life. I wanted a way to include people in my life that could fit any schedule.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Issues

because they are such a political band, Flight of the Conchords like to tackle the big issues.

If there’s one thing that we want to deal with, as a band, it’s the issues. Like...

That’s just one of the things.

Like the future of the planet.

Yep.

The future of my children. And my children’s children. And my children’s children’s children. You know...

Actually Brit, when I think of your children and your children’s children, I actually think your children are too young to be having children. And as far as your children’s children’s children, I think that, you know, where does it stop? When the children are having children, it’s just how small are they goin’ to get? Basically...

Too small.

Too small. Exactly.

That’s one of the issues. And, um....

It’s just going to get into this ridiculous Russian doll situation won’t it?

Yep.

Have you met my kid? And their little kids, and their little kids? Hmmmm. In some ways Brit, I don’t think your kids are going to be affected by a lot of things that affect other children. Because your children aren’t real.

Yeah, yeah, ok. Sure, but...

Do you see the distinction between them?

But they still have issues that aught to be taken seriously. And they have to deal with all the imaginary stuff, like rogue unicorns for example.

Right, sure, there’s lots of stuff I haven’t thought about I guess.

My wife and I weren’t able to have children, that’s why we chose to imagine them. The doctor suggested it. It’s actually been incredibly rewarding.

Brit’s wife is unable to have children because she’s not a real woman.

No, she’s...

She’s an imaginary person.

Yeah. The kids take after her in that sense. But she is very beautiful, she’s a very beautiful woman.

She is very beautiful. She’s a much better woman that some of the women that I have imagined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home