This is a blog about my life. I wanted a way to include people in my life that could fit any schedule.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

have you ever wondered about your TMJ?

well I'm sure you have, at least a few times. The temporomandibular joint is rather fascinating so I'm not surprised at all. It really is the most complicated joint in the body. Which other synovial joint in the body is talked about more?

Ha ha ha, oh get it? ... "talked about"!! Cause you need it to talk. I slay me sometimes.

Ok, but seriously I was introduced to this extremely cool video showing the normal and pathological movements of the TMJ and feel it is necessary for others to check it out.

I hope you are better educated now and please never take your TMJ for granted. It might be cool to put pool balls in your mouth at parties, but you literally won't be laughing when you have to drink your meals through a straw.
Think about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger bag marla said...

you're such a physio geek...i love it!

3/18/2009 5:20 p.m.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm reading this at work and wishing that I was at home so I could see all the videos.

*sigh*

Remember when I had TMJ syndrome? ... or whatever it was called and I had to blend my food and eat nothing but soft things... man that was harsh. Thank you mouthpiece!

3/27/2009 10:56 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home