This is a blog about my life. I wanted a way to include people in my life that could fit any schedule.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

my new job

so with a busy school schedule it has been difficult to find the time to get a part time job. I need to be able to have my evenings/afternoons free in order to work on group projects and such. plus with only a bus pass it isn't easy getting around Saskatoon quickly. with those limitations in mind I set out thinking of what sort of part time job I could get. I wanted something that wouldn't require a large time commitment, that didn't require me to travel outside of my regular daily path, and allowed me to get some exercise.
and then, like a message from a higher power, the answer was delivered to my door one morning. the note read:

PAPER CARRIER NEEDED FOR DRAGAN ST ROUTE

Dragan st!? well that is just a block down from my street! This is perfect! So I emailed the woman in charge and a few days later I was getting up at the crack of dawn (6:00 to be precise) hand delivering my papers each day. I have to say the first day was pretty hard, and the saturday morning after the formal was rough, but I have my route memorized and I can deliver the 35 papers in about 30 minutes round trip. almost 10 minutes of that time is spent on these 4 houses that are a bit out of the way from the rest of the route. I really enjoy it because it forces me to get out of bed early and now that I know the route I can divert my attention to thinking about other stuff.
so that is my new part time job. I don't even feel that it takes away from my day because it happens so early that I have the rest of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger bag marla said...

and don't forget that my parents get a discount on their paper now! Go you!

11/24/2008 7:41 p.m.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That couldn't be more convenient! Are you gonna go door to door and sell more subscriptions too?

11/24/2008 8:36 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no

11/25/2008 7:33 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home